Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting
November 23, 2021
Attendance (absent members are highlighted):
President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Ryan
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Mike Tykoski
By Laws: Kurt Richter Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
The remote meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- Stacey provided an update on the plans for the neighborhood lights contest. She will share the flyer with Kyle to email and post on Facebook after Thanksgiving. Judging will take place on Monday, December 20.
Vice President’s report:
- No report.
- No report. Minutes were approved via email.
- Karen is going to deliver the check to Jim for the next Canton roads project. Insurance payments and snowplow payments are up to date.
- The board will review the annual budget at the January 2022 meeting.
- The board approved an amount of $115.00 for the 2022 annual dues.
- The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- No report.
- Reliable Landscaping believes the ground in the south park continues to be too wet to complete the drainage project. Mike has asked if it would be completed in 2021, and Reliable still had a goal of completing the project this year. Mike is going to continue following up and discuss what can be done, including an option to tstart the work now and come back in the spring (although that may lead to worse flooding, if the grass is not seeded).
- Mike will begin emptying the trash bins in the two parks for the winter, as he has done in past years.
- No report.
- The board discussed a community member’s request to post on the Facebook group information about services he provides through his profession. The board agreed that this Facebook group is designed to be the neighborhood’s group; provided that members abide by the published community guidelines, residents can post and engage in conversations in this private group.
- The board also discussed a request to distribute flyers around the neighborhood and determined this request is outside the purview of the board. While we occasionally distribute flyers related to Board business and neighborhood events, we are not involved in decisions regarding the distribution of materials in the neighborhood.
- The board previously discussed the possibility of upgrading the sign on Barchester, and Kyle has been communicating with David Ryan of Roadhouse Sign Shop.
- The board discussed options provided by David. The options all look good, though the board was concerned a bit about the price. Kyle will reach out to see if there is any way to stay within a lower price range but still get the look of stone, or to see if the price would change if we did the posts ourselves.
The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
The next meeting will be held online at 7:00 p.m. on January 11.