Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting April 13, 2022

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

 

 

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

 

President’s report:

  • No report.

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report

 

Secretary:

  • No report.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • As of April 13, only 18 houses had not yet paid dues. Karen will send a letter to these residents to inform them that they are now past due.
  • Karen has sent the check for the new lawn contract.
  • The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact treasurer@pickwickvillage.org

 

By-Laws:

  • Kurt has responded to all recent requests for letters related to our bylaws.

 

Beautification:

  • As of April 11, Reliable had our South Park drainage project on the schedule for April 20.
  • We received the new lawn contract from Swifty. The contract is $8,750 for summer lawn service, which includes early fall fertilizer, weed control, early spring fertilizer, up to 22 cuts (April through October), Barchester Island weed maintenance, emptying trash in both parks, picking large debris from Lilley Road and parks, and trimming all six islands, both parks, and Lilley Road.
    • Mike has closed out the contract with J. Averie.

 

Welcoming:

  • No report.

 

 

Social media

  • No report.

 

New business

  • The board set discussed dates for the annual summer activities.
    • The board set discussed dates for the annual summer activities.
      • The sub-wide garage sale will be August 11–14.
      • The annual neighborhood meeting, picnic, movie night, and campout will be on August 27.
        • Stacey will reserve the Kona Ice truck and bounce houses/water slide.
        • Emily will reserve the port-o-potty.
      • The Pickwick Slow Roll will be July 23 (rainout date is July 30).

 

 

Old business

  • Street sign topper update:
    • Stacey and Katy found a few sources for street sign toppers. The prices are generally in the range of $85 for the topper sign, and $25 for $35 per sign for the mounting hardware. Two sizes are available at the price point, and they can be printed or stamped in a variety of styles and colors.
    • We had estimated six signs, to place by all the points of entry into the neighborhood.
    • The board is interested in pursuing this option. Stacey is going to see if she can get a catalogue and/or samples to bring to a future meeting.
  • New sign for the Barchester Island:
    • The president of Parkwood estates provided the contact info for the person who did their sign. Emily is going to reach out to this person to see what might be involved in using their services.
  • Playscape early planning:
    • Emily began a cursory search into playscape options. Very rough estimate among the companies she found was $12,000 to $22,000.

 

The meeting adjourned at 7:40 p.m.

 

The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on May 10, 2022 in the north park pavilion (weather permitting).

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting April 13, 2022

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting March 16, 2022

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

 

President’s report:

  • Stacey has refreshed the tiny libraries.

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report

 

Secretary:

  • No report.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • As of March 15, 70% of the dues had been paid. Kyle will send another email blast and a reminder on Facebook.
  • The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact treasurer@pickwickvillage.org

 

By-Laws:

  • No report.

 

Beautification:

  • Update on the south park drainage project
    • Mike has reached out to Swifty to see if that’s something they do
    • He has also spoken to Reliable, and they cannot come in until the ground has dried more. Mike is going to push back and ask for a firmer date.
    • Karen will call and tell them that she needs to know the install date for planning payment.
  • Swifty has submitted an estimate for the lawn care. The quote was $7,750, including trimming the bushes on the Barchester island in the fall. They are going to come out to look at the parks for needs regarding weed and feed applications and then send an updated estimate.
    • That price is $1000 less than our existing contract, and the existing contract was set to go up a couple of thousand dollars
    • The board is in favor of awarding the contract to Swifty. If the cost is less than the cost already approved for J. Averie, Mike can move forward with Swifty. If it’s substantially more, he will notify the board before proceeding.

 

Welcoming:

  • No report.

 

Social media

  • The neighborhood Facebook group is getting a little overwhelmed with advertisements that are not directly relevant to the neighborhood. New members have to agree to terms to join. New members must:
    • be current or past resident of Pickwick,
    • agree to community guidelines,
    • have had a Facebook account for at least 3 months,
    • have a photo in their profile image, and
    • live within 25 miles of Pickwick.

 

Old business

  • New sign for the Barchester Island:
    • The board is in agreement that the estimates we’ve received are too high and we cannot justify the expense at this time.
    • Mike has found some kits that we could potentially use to construct stone or stone-like columns for a new sign.
    • Emily is going to see if she can reach someone from Parkwood Estates to see where they got their sign. She will also research other sign printing companies.
    • Karen is going to reach out to the Chamber of Commerce to see if they have suggestions for sign production companies.
  • Instead of pursuing the more expensive sign options, the board plans to continue building up the savings to ultimately replace or repair the playscapes.
    • We will plan to spend this year trying to identify potential vendors and service options for the playscapes, with the goal of beginning to gather quotes next year.
  • Stacey and Katy are going to begin looking back into options for street sign options. researching the street toppers
  • Karen will look for information about who sealed the south park path most recently, so we can look into sealing the path again.

 

The meeting adjourned at 7:40 p.m.

 

The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on April 13, 2022 in the north park pavilion (weather permitting).

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting March 16, 2022

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting February 9, 2022

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

 

 

The virtual meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

 

 

President’s report:

  • An administrator for the Canton Forest condos contacted Stacey to ask about our HOA restrictions for fencing, in regard to a privacy fence being installed on a Pickwick property. Stacey informed him that we do not have fencing restrictions beyond what Canton requires.

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report

 

Secretary:

  • No report.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • In the first week after dues notices went out, already 15 houses had paid online and 55 paid by check (more than one-third of the houses).
  • The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact treasurer@pickwickvillage.org

 

 

By-Laws:

  • No report.

 

 

Beautification:

  • The plow company came through several times during the February storm. We received a lot of messages from residents, and Mike attempted to reply to all of them so that the plow company addressed all concerns. Hartford Court is still not being adequately plowed, but it seems everything else was addressed.
  • We have used 9 plow pushes so far, and 13 are included in the contract before any additional charges would be assessed.
  • Karen saw examples of signs in another subdivision that encouraged residents to move their cars from the roads for plowing. The board is in favor of researching similar signs, although Pickwick residents did a good job removing cars from the streets during the most recent storm.
  • The company with whom we have a lawn contract has informed us that the price will be increasing the price substantially, even though we have a two-year contract already signed.
    • The board determined that we do not want to try and push the contract if the relationship is going to be contentious.
    • Mike is going to reach out to Swifty, who has been plowing and took care of the lawns in previous years, for a quote.

 

 

Welcoming:

  • No report.

 

Social media

  • No report.

 

Old business

  • For the next meeting, board members should bring design options to discuss with the sign company.
  • The board plans to reopen discussions of street sign toppers at the next meeting.

 

 

The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

 

HOA Board meetings are being held virtually. The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on March 16, 2022. For a link to join the meeting, email president@pickwickvillage.org.

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting February 9, 2022

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting January 11, 2022

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

 

Visitor: David Ryan, Roadhouse Signs

 

 

The virtual meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

 

 

David Ryan discussed potential options and costs for a new subdivision sign at the Barchester entrance. The board was interested in the option of faux stone, which is durable and weather-resistant (including being safe against Michigan weather extremes), but less expensive than true stone.

 

The board is going to send David some options of designs they like, including an L-shaped design to surround the sign, as well as color options and font ideas. That will get him started on designing some more specific options. He estimated that the final price would be somewhere in the ballpark of $8,000, installed (that is just a rough estimate).

 

David will then send us some new options. If those are on the right track, the board would need to make a deposit at that time to move forward with the project.

 

 

President’s report:

  • 142 houses participated in the annual holiday lights contest. The 2021 winners were:
    • First place: 42230 Hanford Road
    • Second place: 42050 Hanford Road
    • Third place: 6604 Brookshire Drive
    • Honorable mention: 6622 Brookshire Drive, 6381 Courtland Drive, 6706 Brookshire Drive
  • Stacey is going to draft a flyer to post with suggestions for proper use and care of the tiny libraries.

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report

 

Secretary:

  • No report.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • Notice of the annual dues will be mailed by January 31. Dues will be $119 (homeowners paying online will also pay a small processing fee). The amount reflects a 3% increase over the previous year, in accordance with the Pickwick Village by-laws. This year’s increase will be earmarked to go toward the cost of repaving the South Park pathway.
  • Karen presented the treasurer’s report, including year-end balances. The board approved transferring $4,000 to savings for long-term, larger-scale projects.
  • The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact treasurer@pickwickvillage.org

 

 

By-Laws:

  • Kurt responded to one request regarding tree removal and fence installation in one resident’s yard.

 

Beautification:

  • The snowplow company has completed four plows so far, and seems to be attending to our neighborhood in a timely manner.
  • Mike is going to reach out to Reliable again to try and secure a guarantee that the South Park drainage project will be completed as early as possible in 2022.

 

Welcoming:

  • No report.

 

Social media

  • No report.

 

Old business

  • A motion was made to allocate $8,000 of the long-term savings toward the sign project. The board discussed the motion, including the need for paving of the south park pathway and potential repairs needed for playscapes. With both the sign and the drainage project, the association should still have $3000 to $5000 in savings for larger projects, not including what is added in 2022.
  • The motion was approved.

 

 

The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.

 

Out of consideration for the ongoing COVID-19 surge in cases, HOA Board meetings are being held virtually. The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on February 9, 2022. For a link to join the meeting, email president@pickwickvillage.org.

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting January 11, 2022

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting November 23, 2021

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting

November 23, 2021

Attendance (absent members are highlighted):

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter       

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

 

The remote meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

 

President’s report:

  • Stacey provided an update on the plans for the neighborhood lights contest. She will share the flyer with Kyle to email and post on Facebook after Thanksgiving. Judging will take place on Monday, December 20.

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report.

 

Secretary:

  • No report. Minutes were approved via email.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • Karen is going to deliver the check to Jim for the next Canton roads project. Insurance payments and snowplow payments are up to date.
  • The board will review the annual budget at the January 2022 meeting.
  • The board approved an amount of $115.00 for the 2022 annual dues.
  • The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact treasurer@pickwickvillage.org

 

By-Laws:

  • No report.

 

Beautification:

  • Reliable Landscaping believes the ground in the south park continues to be too wet to complete the drainage project. Mike has asked if it would be completed in 2021, and Reliable still had a goal of completing the project this year. Mike is going to continue following up and discuss what can be done, including an option to tstart the work now and come back in the spring (although that may lead to worse flooding, if the grass is not seeded).
  • Mike will begin emptying the trash bins in the two parks for the winter, as he has done in past years.

 

Welcoming:

  • No report.

 

Social media

  • The board discussed a community member’s request to post on the Facebook group information about services he provides through his profession. The board agreed that this Facebook group is designed to be the neighborhood’s group; provided that members abide by the published community guidelines, residents can post and engage in conversations in this private group.
  • The board also discussed a request to distribute flyers around the neighborhood and determined this request is outside the purview of the board. While we occasionally distribute flyers related to Board business and neighborhood events, we are not involved in decisions regarding the distribution of materials in the neighborhood.

 

Old business

  • The board previously discussed the possibility of upgrading the sign on Barchester, and Kyle has been communicating with David Ryan of Roadhouse Sign Shop.
    • The board discussed options provided by David. The options all look good, though the board was concerned a bit about the price. Kyle will reach out to see if there is any way to stay within a lower price range but still get the look of stone, or to see if the price would change if we did the posts ourselves.

 

New business

  • None

The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

The next meeting will be held online at 7:00 p.m. on January 11.

 

 

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting November 23, 2021

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting September 29, 2021

Attendance (absent members are highlighted):

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

President’s report:

  • No report.

Vice President’s report:

  • No report.

Secretary:

  • No report. Minutes were approved via email.

Treasurer’s Report

  • No report.

By-Laws:

  • No report.

Beautification:

  • The south park drainage project is scheduled for October 7 and 8.
  • The lawn care company will cut down the grasses and clean up the Barchest island during their last mow. We will also request that they remove dead shrubs.
  • We have signed a snow contract with Swifty, who we have worked with previously and had a positive experience. J. Averie has our lawn care contract for one more year.
  • The board will plan to power-wash the pavilion on Oct. 10.
  • Future plans:
    • Get one to three more disc golf nets as they go on sale.
    • Look into river birches for north and south park to help with drainage (plan to revisit in January for spring planting).
    • Plan to look into resurfacing south park pathway in 2022.

Welcoming:

  • No report.

Social media

  • No report.

Social

  • The board discussed event scheduling conflicts with the upcoming Chili cook-off, including high school Homecoming events. Board members decided it would be best to move the date of the Chili Cookoff and movie night to October 16. The event will begin at 5:00 p.m., and all entries must be entered by 5:30. The movie will follow at dusk.
  • We will again ask residents to consider providing Halloween candy in a public health/safety-informed manner, as we did last year. Kyle will send out an email and social media post with tips.

Old business

  • None

New business

  • The board discussed replacing the sign at the Barchester entrance with a more updated version, perhaps composed of stone. Kyle is going to begin researching options.

General discussion

  • A resident mentioned the concern of dogs chained in neighbors’ front yards, and the threat that poses to residents walking their dogs on the sidewalks.
  • A resident contacted the board regarding a sunken manhole cover at Greenwood and Lilly. The resident has tried reaching out to Wayne County, without results. He has taken some steps to refill it himself.
    • Following the meeting, the Board heard from Canton that the township will send a crew out to fill and seed the area.

The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on October 20, at 6760 Brookshire Drive (outside).

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting September 29, 2021

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Annual HOA Meeting August 21, 2021

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Ricther

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

 

 

The meeting was called to order at noon. In addition to the board members, 18 residents were in attendance at the start of the meeting.

 

New board updates:

  • No board membership changes at this time

 

President’s annual report of board activities:

  • Hosted the Halloween parade and social distanced/COVID-safe trick or treating
  • Hosted/judged the holiday lights contest
  • Collected all outstanding liens
  • Sent numerous “Welcome to the Neighborhood” packets to new residents
  • Installed new volleyball net, sidelines and post protectors in the north park volleyball court
  • Gathered quotes and found potential cost-savings with new plowing company
  • Reroofed, stained, sealed and installed post protectors at both tiny libraries
  • Drafted a hard copy of a physical newsletter to be distributed to the neighborhood twice a year
  • Hosted the second annual Pickwick Slow-Roll Bike Parade and movie night
  • Installed disc golf courses in both parks
  • Scheduled and paid the deposit with Reliable Landscaping for work to fix the south park drainage issues (work scheduled for late September/early October)
  • Mulched, pulled weeds, and sprayed weed control in north and south park playscapes
  • Applied and sent in the check for the next roads project (to continue neighborhood road repairs based on the road evaluation completed a few years ago)

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report

 

Secretary:

  • No report.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • Annual dues were collected from all houses for 2021, and all previously outstanding liens have been paid off. Currently, there are no outstanding dues, special assessments, or liens in the neighborhood.
  • All accounts are on track. The board is building up the savings account in preparation for larger projects such as the south park drainage improvement project.

 

By-Laws:

  • No report.

 

Beautification:

  • We are collecting quotes for snow plowing, with the hope of more timely service this year than we experienced last year.

 

Welcoming:

  • According to online records, 14 houses have sold in the neighborhood in the past year. The average sale price in the neighborhood was approximately $300,000.
  • As of the meeting, no Pickwick houses were actively on the market.

 

Social media

  • No report.

 

Old business

  • Update on the Canton Forrest clearing.
    • A lawyer has sent a letter to the condo association, asking them to stop clearing and replace what has been removed so it is in accordance with the original agreement between Canton Forrest and Pickwick Village.

 

Plans for future business/projects:

  • Upcoming events:
    • Chili cookoff and fall movie night: October 2, 5:00 p.m.
    • Annual Halloween parade: October 31, 5:30 p.m.
    • Annual holiday lights and decorating contest: December
    • Annual HOA Dues: Due March 31, 2022
  • Complete south park drainage work
  • Power-wash and paint north park pavilion
  • Replace cargo net climber on north park playscape
  • Install sign toppers at main intersections and entrances into Pickwick
  • Install dog waste stations or waste baskets at tiny libraries
  • Install a small pavilion in the south park, once drainage is improved
  • Trim ornamental grasses and remove dead plants from entry island

 

Comments from residents:

  • Jeff, a resident whose house borders the south park, asked if the planned pavilion in the south park might interrupt the flow of the park or visuals.
    • The goal is to purchase and install a pavilion that is smaller than the north park pavilion but would still offer options for a gathering space in the south park. It would have open sides, similar to the north park pavilion, and would likely be placed behind the playscape, in the open area.
  • Jim Richards asked if there were plans to trim the trees in the north park again this year. A few, in particular, are starting to grow into his yards.
    • Since trees were trimmed last year, the board had not planned to do so this summer.
    • Stacey noted that she will talk to Charlie, who leads our landscaping team, about the potential for trimming.
    • Jim volunteered to help.
  • Bob Cieslak noted that speeding on greenwood is still a significant problem.
    • The board did research speed bumps, but cost and potential wear on plows were prohibitive.
    • A resident suggested adding traffic barrels around intersections.
    • Bob noted that Wayne County has told us that anything that impedes the flow of traffic is not permitted.
  • Bob Cieslak noted that the flooding of the creek behind Greenwood continues to worsen. With the large rainstorms this summer, he has had water within six to eight feet of his house. He has tried speaking with the township and the county but has not made any progress.
    • Andrea suggested investigating water gardens for installation along the creek.

 

The meeting adjourned at 12:30 p.m. and was followed by the annual picnic and campout. Approximately 200 residents participated in the day’s events.

 

The next is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 29 in the north park pavilion (weather permitting). All are welcome to attend and get involved!

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Annual HOA Meeting August 21, 2021

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting June 17, 2021

Attendance:
President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Ryan
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Mike Tykoski
By-Laws: Kurt Richter
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Visitors: Steve Kilijanczyk

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

President’s report:

  • A resident has killed the carpenter bees found in the pavilion.
  • A resident had inquired about rototilling the volleyball court. The board discussed the topic and determined it should be done every two to three years. This year, work on the
    volleyball court focused on replacing the net and improving the posts.
  • The climbing net on the playscape needs to be reburied. Stacey will reach out to the resident who helped install it to see if this can be done.
  • See the “Social” report for more updates provided by the president.

Vice President’s report:

  • No report.

Secretary:

  • No report. Minutes were approved via email.

Treasurer’s Report

  • No report.

By-Laws:

  • No report.

Beautification:

  • No report.

Welcoming:

  • No report.

Social media

  • No report.

Social

  • Stacey provided updates and the board discussed the upcoming summer events:
    • Slow Roll (July 31 at 11:00 a.m.):
      • The ice cream truck has been reserved
      • Medals, tickets, and signs are available from last year’s event
      • Volunteers have been secured to guard the crosswalks
      • We will need to purchase balloons
    • Summer movie night (July 31)
      • Action item: We will need to select a movie
    • Neighborhood garage sale (August 12-15):
      • Mike will need to place the signs out at the main neighborhood entry
        points. Residents are encouraged to place their own signs out, as well.
      • Stacey will post the event on Nextdoor.
      • Kyle will post about the event on Facebook.
    • Annual picnic and campout (August 21):
      • The giant slide and bounce house have been reserved from All Year
        Rentals
      • The Kona Truck has been reserved
      • A porta-potty has been reserved for 10:00 a.m. on 8/21 through 10:00
        a.m. on 8/22
      • The meeting will start at 12:00 p.m., with the picnic to follow at 1:00 p.m.
      • We will do a cakewalk activity again but include only store-bought treats
      • Campsite set-up will begin after 4:00 p.m.
      • The board needs to select a movie
      • Action item: We need to decide on food for the picnic
    • Park clean-up
      • Action item: We need to select a new date for the park clean-up

Old business

  • At the next meeting, the board will discuss updates on the south park drainage project
    and mulch on the playscapes.
  • The board would like to revisit the street sign topper project.
    New business
  • None.

The meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
The next meeting will be at Wednesday 7/14. The meeting is scheduled to be in the north park pavilion, as weather permits.

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting June 17, 2021

Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting May 11, 2021

Attendance (absent members are highlighted):
President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Ryan
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Mike Tykoski
By Laws: Kurt Richter
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Visitors: Jim Leddy, Jason Willis

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

 

President’s report:

  • Stacey and Katy met to pick dates for the summer events. These dates were approved and have been shared with the neighborhood:
    • Volunteer Neighborhood Clean-Up & Raffle – June 13
    • 2nd Annual Pickwick Slow Roll Bike Parade – July 31
    • Neighborhood Garage Sale – August 12–5
    • Annual HOA Meeting – August 21 @ noon
    • Annual Pickwick Picnic, Movie Night & Campout – August 21
    • Movie Nights Under the Stars – TBA
    • Chili Cook Off & Fall Movie Night – October 2
    • Annual Halloween Parade – October 31 @ 5:30 p.m.
    • Annual Holiday Lights and Decorating Contest – End of Nov. – Dec.
    • Annual HOA Dues Due – March 31

 

Vice President’s report:

  • No report.

Secretary:

  • No report. Minutes were approved via email.

Treasurer’s Report

  • As of the end of April, 96% of homeowners had paid the 2021 dues. Eight houses have not yet paid; several of these are related to transfer of ownership. Karen is reaching out to homeowners to receive the remainder of the payments.
  • The lawn contract and the deposit for the south park drainage project have both been paid.
  • The board received payment for one lien, leaving only one outstanding lien at this time.
  • The budget is on track. For a copy of the budget, please contact treasurer@pickwickvillage.org

By-Laws:

  • The board discussed implementing a new process for homeowners to secure letters needed for projects such as fences and patios, since the Pickwick HOA does not have any regulations outside of those set by Canton.
    • Katy volunteered to look into creating an online form that homeowners could complete to help the board quickly generate letters as needed.

Beautification:

  • The new drainage project for the south park will be completed by Reliable Landscaping. The board has paid the deposit for this project, and the work is scheduled to take place at the end of August or in September 2021.
  • Mike replaced the roofs on the tiny libraries.
  • Mike installed post-protectors on the tiny library posts and one volleyball post in the north park. He is working to preserve the volleyball tournament signs on the second post. Those will then be relocated to the outside of the new post protector or to an internal-facing post in the pavilion.
  • Mike will rent a rototiller to till the volleyball court this year. This can be done as part of the clean-up day on June 13.
  • The board received two quotes for new mulch on the playscapes. Both quotes were approximately the same cost (about $3400), but one quote from Swifty was for about 40% more mulch. Emily made a motion to purchase the mulch from Swifty. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
    • Mike will spray the weeds in the playscapes before the mulch is delivered on Monday, May 17.
  • The board discussed plans for the upcoming clean-up day.
    • Jason Willis volunteered to let the board use his power-washer, with water from Emily Kagey’s house and Jason’s house in the north park, and from Kyle Stone’s house in the south park.
    • The board will plan to do a raffle for participants, with gift cards as the prize.

Welcoming:

  • Three houses sold in March, and two house sold in April. Welcoming packages will be delivered to the new homeowners.

Social media

  • No Report.

Social

  • The board began planning for the annual picnic:
    • Plan to get individually wrapped food (e.g., Jimmy John’s subs, individual bags of chips)
    • Stacey will contact the Kona Ice truck, an Ice cream truck, and the bounce house company

Old business

  • Follow-up to the emergency meeting held in April:
    • Stacey has received an email from the Canton Forrest community association manager assuring us the removal of greenery is just “some clean-up along property lines to help with rodent habitat and allow contractors easy access to fallen trees in the future.”
    • Pickwick residents have spoken with Fox Creek residents, who have indicated their neighborhood is also very unhappy with the tree/shrub removal.
    • Sandra Dem Boer and Bev Bazzell have been in contact with the Canton Community Planning and Ordinance Offices.
    • Emily is going to reach out to a Fox Creek HOA Board member to see if they plan to pursue any further action, and if we can coordinate action. (Update: Emily has contacted the Fox Creek HOA, and they will be discussing this at their next meeting.)

New business

  • Canton is accepting applications for 2022 road projects. Pickwick was selected for one of the large projects in 2020 (for which a special assessment was collected). The board has an established plan to use some of the HOA savings to apply for new, smaller projects each year, to help avoid the need for assessments for a large project.
    • Jim Leddy has volunteered to submit the application for a smaller project this year and serve as the main contact point.
    • Areas of priority include two spots on Greenwood (including the intersection at Cortland and Greenwood), the intersection of Cortland and Hanford, the intersection of Pickwick and Brookshire, and a dip on Brookshire.

The meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.

The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 17, 2021. The meeting is scheduled to be in the north park pavilion, as weather permits.

Posted in HOA Meeting Minutes | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting May 11, 2021

Pickwick Village calendar of upcoming events

ATTENTION PICKWICK VILLAGERS!!! Mark your calendars!

Below you will find some of the events and activities planned for this year.
Details, times, and locations will be email blasted and posted at each of the tiny libraries as the specific events get closer. Hope to see you!

Volunteer Neighborhood Clean-Up & Raffle – June 13

2nd Annual Pickwick Slow Roll Bike Parade – July 31

Neighborhood Garage Sale – August 12 – 15

Annual HOA Meeting – August 21 @ noon

Annual Pickwick Picnic, Movie Night & Campout – August 21

Movie Nights Under the Stars – TBA

Chili Cook Off & Fall Movie Night – October 2

Annual Halloween Parade – October 31 @ 5:30 p.m.

Annual Holiday Lights and Decorating Contest – End of Nov. – Dec.

Annual HOA Dues Due – March 31

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Pickwick Village calendar of upcoming events