Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting September 29, 2021

Attendance (absent members are highlighted):

President: Stacey Krum

Vice President: Katy Marquart

Treasurer: Karen Ryan

Secretary: Emily Kagey

Beautification: Mike Tykoski

By Laws: Kurt Richter

Welcoming: Kristin Noel

Social Media: Kyle Stone

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

President’s report:

  • No report.

Vice President’s report:

  • No report.


  • No report. Minutes were approved via email.

Treasurer’s Report

  • No report.


  • No report.


  • The south park drainage project is scheduled for October 7 and 8.
  • The lawn care company will cut down the grasses and clean up the Barchest island during their last mow. We will also request that they remove dead shrubs.
  • We have signed a snow contract with Swifty, who we have worked with previously and had a positive experience. J. Averie has our lawn care contract for one more year.
  • The board will plan to power-wash the pavilion on Oct. 10.
  • Future plans:
    • Get one to three more disc golf nets as they go on sale.
    • Look into river birches for north and south park to help with drainage (plan to revisit in January for spring planting).
    • Plan to look into resurfacing south park pathway in 2022.


  • No report.

Social media

  • No report.


  • The board discussed event scheduling conflicts with the upcoming Chili cook-off, including high school Homecoming events. Board members decided it would be best to move the date of the Chili Cookoff and movie night to October 16. The event will begin at 5:00 p.m., and all entries must be entered by 5:30. The movie will follow at dusk.
  • We will again ask residents to consider providing Halloween candy in a public health/safety-informed manner, as we did last year. Kyle will send out an email and social media post with tips.

Old business

  • None

New business

  • The board discussed replacing the sign at the Barchester entrance with a more updated version, perhaps composed of stone. Kyle is going to begin researching options.

General discussion

  • A resident mentioned the concern of dogs chained in neighbors’ front yards, and the threat that poses to residents walking their dogs on the sidewalks.
  • A resident contacted the board regarding a sunken manhole cover at Greenwood and Lilly. The resident has tried reaching out to Wayne County, without results. He has taken some steps to refill it himself.
    • Following the meeting, the Board heard from Canton that the township will send a crew out to fill and seed the area.

The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.

The next meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. on October 20, at 6760 Brookshire Drive (outside).

This entry was posted in HOA Meeting Minutes and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.