Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Meeting, June 11, 2020
Attendance (absent members are highlighted)
President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
By Laws: Mike Tykoski
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Guest: Karen Ryan; Jim Leddy
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM.
- The bench by the tiny library in the north park has been replaced. The board will plan to replace the bench by the tiny library in the south park next year.
Vice President’s report:
- No report
- Minutes were approved via email.
- A Pickwick Village home that is pending sale had a lien on it for unpaid dues. Karen is working with the attorney to collect the lien payment.
- Seven homes have not paid this year’s dues, and two homes have not paid the special assessment.
- The board previously discussed extending the deadline for dues payments, to allow flexibility during the pandemic. The deadline is June 30. After June 30, residents will be required to pay a 100% penalty on late payments.
- No report.
- The board approved getting quotes to remove larger dead trees.
- Quotes for additional mulch for the playscapes are coming in and will be presented at the next meeting.
- The board agreed to meet on Saturday, June 13 to trim trees and clean up landscaping in the south park.
- No Pickwick Village homes have sold in the past month.
- The board discussed the need for trees along sidewalks to be trimmed to a height of seven feet, per Canton ordinance. Kyle will send out an email reminder and post the information on Facebook.
- The annual picnic was tentatively scheduled for August 1. The board discussed whether a picnic would work this year, given the ongoing need for social distancing. Board members decided that, in lieu of an annual picnic and camp-out this year, we will provide other smaller and socially distanced options throughout the summer. The board brainstormed ideas and will continue to develop and implement ideas throughout the summer. Some initial ideas include:
- A movie projected in the north park, with circles spray-painted on the lawn to mark appropriate distancing between families
- A bike parade through both parks
- Bringing in an ice cream or Kona ice truck (assuming the trucks would not be self-serve)
- A silent auction (money can be put toward next year’s picnic or donated to a charity)
- Additional maintenance still needed in the south park includes a French drain leading to the main park drainage and pea gravel around the playscape.
- Roads update: Pickwick Village is still on the list for road repairs this year. Canton plans to begin projects in June, but dates have not been officially announced.
Remarks from visitors:
- Jim Leddy provided an update on the roads project. Pickwick Village is still on the list for road repairs this year. Canton plans to begin projects in June, but dates have not been officially announced.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
The next meeting is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 8 in the north park pavilion. All are welcome to attend and get involved!