Attendance (absent members are highlighted)
President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
By Laws: Mike Tykoski
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
• Nearly 120 houses had decorations out when the holiday lights competition was judged. Winners were given their gift cards and signs to display in their yards.
The winners this year were:
First place: 41946 Sunderlando
Second place: 42173 Hartfordo
Third place: 6760 Brookshire Driveo
▪ 6887 Brookshire Drive
▪ 6604 Brookshire Drive
▪ 6637 Brookshire Drive
▪ 6108 Courtland Drive
▪ 42050 Hanford Road
• An email went out before the recent rain storm, asking residents to make sure storm drains were clear of debris. It appears that there was no street flooding during the storm. Thank you to all residents who helped with this effort.
• The tiny libraries have been busy over the holidays and into January, with lots of turnover.
• Action Item: With upcoming expected snowstorms, Kyle will send out a neighborhood-wide email to remind residents not to park on the street during snow storms, as this impedes the ability of plows to clear the roads.
Vice President’s report:
• No report.
• Minutes were approved over email.
• All archived meeting minutes have been moved to the Google Drive.
• The treasurer’s report was approved unanimously.
• The association made progress in saving money for future projects. A motion was made to transfer $7,000 from savings to checking, to help avoid the need for assessments for longer-term future projects, including smaller roads projects. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously (7-0).
• The letter announcing 2020 association dues is ready to be copied and mailed out.
• A motion was made to purchase personalized magnets with the HOA email address, phone number, website, and Facebook group, to include in this year’s dues notice. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously (7-0).
• Action item: Members of the board will prepare the mailing at 7:00 p.m. on January 31.The magnets will be added to the mailing.
• Action item: Kyle will prepare the online payment system and then send an neighborhood-wide email alerting residents that they can pay online.
• The board will plan to update the budget in February.
• No Report
• The board may need to find a new option to till the sand in the north park volleyball court this summer. Options could include renting one or seeing if a resident would let the board borrow one for this use.
• The board discussed the need for better lighting around the sign at the Barchester entrance to the neighborhood.
• Action item: Jason is going to look into options for lighting the sign, and Stacey is going to price out a few solar options.
• Three Pickwick Houses have sold since November 1. Kristin has delivered their welcome packets. Two additional houses were on the market as of January 4.
• The board discussed the need for both a Facebook page and a Facebook group. Now that the group has become more active and serves as the primary point of contact on Facebook, the page will be deleted.
• No old business was presented.
• No additional new business was presented.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
The next meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on February 19 at 6835 Brookshire Drive. All are welcome to attend and get involved.