President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
By Laws: Mike Tykoski
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 PM.
• Stacey drafted a Pickwick newsletter with information about upcoming events and other neighborhood news. She will update to include the recent winners of the 2nd Annual Pickwick Chili Cookoff, and then the board will plan to distribute hard copies.
• Stacey will remove the gator bags from the newer trees in the parks, except for those at the two tiny libraries.
Vice President’s report:
• No Report
• Kristin welcomed two new neighborhoods to the subdivision and delivered a mum to each.
• Minutes were approved over email.
• No Report
• Gutter guards have been installed on the north park pavilion. One downspout is clogged, and Jason plans to clean it out.
• The updated snow plowing contract has been received, reflecting a change in ownership and management of the plow company.
• A motion was made and seconded to approve the one-year contract with Stiftys Property Maintenance. The motion was seconded. The motion passed 7-0.
• Karen asked the Credit Union about the availability of apps or other software enabling app-based payments and deposits. The credit union does not offer such software or apps at this time.
• Canton Township has cashed Pickwick Village’s check for the road repairs project.
• Seven houses have not paid the special assessment.
• The board discussed options for gathering electronic contact information, matched to home addresses. Two options include setting up a Google Form to capture that data, and/or including a separate form with the annual notice of dues.
• The treasurer’s report was approved unanimously
• The winners of the 2nd Annual Pickwick Chili Cookoff were:
o First place: Mary Jane and Jim Richards, with “Papa’s Recipe”
o Second place: The Marquart Family “Dolche Dialbo”
o Third place: The Noel Family, “Sweet Booty Kickin’”
• The Halloween parade is scheduled for 5:30 on October 31. Stacey has all supplies for the parade and is working on scheduling volunteers to help distribute goodies in the south park.
• Mike created a Gmail account for the Board. He will store the by-laws in the account’s Google drive and will create a folder for the minutes. Stacey and Kyle will be added as back-up email contacts for the main account.
o Mike is also looking into adding a Google Voice number to the account. This would provide a number for residents to call and leave a message, which would then be delivered to the board via email.
o Board members discussed the option of creating a magnet with board contact information (board static email addresses, Facebook group, potentially the Google Voice number) to distribute to residents.
• Mike found a company that can mail out dues notices and other materials for approximately $130 per mailing. The board would just need to upload the addresses and any documents to be included.
• Update on the Canton Roads Project:
o Repairs will be spread throughout the subdivision, to spread out who benefits from the work.
o The plans are still in the phase of being a proposal and have not yet been finalized.
• Stacey has the necessary documentation to update owners/co-owners on the board’s bank account.
• Liens Update:
o There are currently seven houses with outstanding payments:
o A letter has been drafted and approved by the board to inform homeowners of their outstanding balance and forthcoming liens on the property.
• Mike is looking into adding a Google Voice number to the new Google account. This would provide a number for residents to call and leave a message, which would then be delivered to the board via email.
• Board members discussed the option of creating a magnet with board contact information (board static email addresses, Facebook group, potentially the Google Voice number) to distribute to residents.
• The board discussed the option of taking down the dead tree on the north end of the north park and replacing it with a flagpole. The association could then sponsor a flag-designing competition within the neighborhood to create a Pickwick-specific flag.
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on November 20 at 6747 Brookshire Drive. All are welcome to attend and get involved.