Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Meeting Minutes for Sept. 11, 2019

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy MarquartVice
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
By Laws: Mike Tykoski
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Visitor: Jim Ledy

Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM.

President’s Report:

  • Stacey has ordered supplies for the Halloween parade and will work with Katy to pick up supplies for the Chili Cookoff. Due to advisories related to Eastern Equine Encephalitis, it was determined after the meeting that the movie night should be cancelled; the Chili Cookoff will be held October 5 at 5:00 p.m., with judging to begin at 5:30.

Vice President’s Report:

  • No report.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Karen presented an update on the accounts. The report was approved unanimously.
  • Approximately 20 houses have not paid the special assessment. Karen is going to go house-to-house to deliver notices.

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes were approved over email.

Welcoming Report:

  • Kristin provided a report of Pickwick houses currently on the market and those recently sold. She will deliver a welcome packet to two new neighbors.
  • Kristin will draft a welcome letter that provides important upcoming dates and information about the email and Facebook groups.

Beautification Report

  • Jason plans to install leaf guards on the pavilion gutters before leaves begin to fall.
  • The board decided to postpone purchase of frisbee golf supplies, due to the large divets around the park. The topic will be revisited in the spring, once the ground has had a chance to settle.
  • Jason will try to schedule a special meeting with the board and the lawn/snow company to discuss plans for plowing this winter.
  • The gator bags can now be removed from all trees except for the two new trees by the tiny libraries and the western-most tree in the north park.

Social Media Report

  • The Board email address needs to be updated to remove Jim and add Kristin.
  • Mike is going to research the possibility of setting up a Google drive for Board documents.
  • The board discussed reinstating the newsletter. It was suggested that we research a service that can address and mail out copies, both for the newsletter and for annual dues.
  • The board also discussed sending out “save-the-date”-type postcards once or twice each year, prior to major events (e.g., the Chili Cookoff, Halloween, Annual Picknick and Movie Night)

Bylaws Report

  • No report.

New Business

  • Trash and recycling pick-up will be moving to Mondays in November.

Old business

  • Stacey, Jim and Karen will set up a time to update all accounts with our credit union. The board discussed the option of moving the account to a new financial institution with more flexible hours.
  • Lein reminder letters will be sent soon.

Remarks from visitors

  • Jim received notice from the state that the HOA needed to refile reports with Michigan LARA. He has filed the report and paid associated costs.

The meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.

Next meeting: The next meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on October 9 at  6760 Brookshire Drive. All are welcome to attend and get involved.

This entry was posted in HOA Meeting Minutes and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.