President: Jim Leddy
Vice President: Stacey Krum
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
Welcoming: Katy Marquart
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Meeting called to order at 7:15 PM.
- As of this meeting, approximately half of the payments for the special roads assessment had been submitted. Jim will follow up with the township to see if there is an option to make a partial down payment before the full amount is due on July 31.
- Thank you to Mike Humes (42273 Barchester) for trimming the roses on the island.
- Jim has a box of old association-related paperwork. He will give it to the vice president to go through and determine what should be scanned and saved, and what can be tossed.
Vice President’s Report:
- All reservations and bookings for the annual picnic were moved to the new date (August 17) with no additional fees. The flyer has been updated. An email will go out reminding residents of the new date, and new flyers will be distributed the first week in August.
- The lawn service stated that they would come back this week to weed-whip the park and weed the island. (Update: This work was completed the week of July 8.) They will also look into the trees to be planted by the tiny libraries, which have been on backorder.
- The gator bags around the trees in the north park need to be refilled, and one tree in the south park has died. Kyle suggested putting a pine tree in that place.
- Karen presented an update on the accounts. The report was approved unanimously.
- A few houses have still not paid the annual dues; they have received a bill for the dues plus the 100% late fee.
- Minutes were approved over email.
- Katy greeted a new family on Hanford. She has not been receiving as many notices of new neighbors. The board discussed whether it would be possible to have real estate agents provide this information more proactively, as well as information regarding how to sign up for neighborhood emails and social media groups.
- The drain repair in the north park does not seem to be working. Jason will plan to get a closer look and take photos once the park has been mowed.
Social Media Report
- No report.
- No report.
vehicles have been speeding through the development. Stacey and Katy priced out
options for “Slow Down” signs. Emily made a motion to purchase them. The motion
- Discussion: The board discussed whether to buy more permanent, and more expensive, options. Buying the less expensive options gives a chance to see if they are having any effect before making a larger investment.
- The motion passed 6-0.
- The annual picnic and camp-out has been rescheduled for August 17 in the north park.
- The board will hold an additional August meeting on August 6 to discuss outstanding liens.
The meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on August 6 in the north park pavilion. All are welcome to attend and get involved.
The Pickwick Homeowner’s Association Annual Meeting and Picnic will be held at noon on August 17 in the north park pavilion. All residents are encouraged to attend and enjoy the festivities.