Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Meeting Minutes for April 16, 2019

Attendance (absent members are highlighted)

President: Jim Leddy
Vice President: Stacey Krum
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
By-Laws: Mike Tykoski
Welcoming: Katy Marquart
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Additional attendees: Steve Kilijanczyk

Meeting called to order at 7:10 PM.

President’s Report:

  • The Pickwick Homeowners Association turned in a letter of interest for the Canton Roads Project. In late 2019, the township will begin doing work that does not require matches from subdivision. This year, the township is fixing all catch basins north of Ford Road, including Pickwick Village. Work has already begun on Hanford Road.
  • Residents can contact Wayne County at 1-888-ROADCREW to report potholes that need to be repaired.

Vice President’s Report:

  • It is time to begin planning the annual picnic and camp-out event. (See new business.)
  • Stacey sealed the tiny libraries and will re-stain them.

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Karen presented an update on the accounts. The report was approved unanimously.
  • Approximately 28 people had not paid their annual dues at the time of the meeting.
  • At the recent Neighborhood Know-How meeting, Karen talked to attorney to ask if there can be a one-time settlement offer to people with liens. She also found that we also need to change the interest rate listed in our bylaws.

Secretary’s Report:

  • Minutes were approved over email.
  • To archive minutes, Emily and Kyle are going to look into Google Drive storage

Welcoming Report:

  • No report

Beautification Report:

  • The mulch on the playscapes needs to be freshened. Jason obtained quotes and made a motion to pay $1,400 for two to three inches to be added to the playscapes in both parks and around the trees on Lilley Road. The motion was seconded and passed 8-0.
  • The board voted previously to purchase two trees to place at each of the tiny libraries. Jason will pursue the purchase and planting of these trees.
  • Three gator bags around trees in the south park had gone bad. Jason purchased and installed new ones.
  • Jason proposed using a special spray paint to update the mulch on the main island, which would cost approximately $100. A motion was made and seconded, and the motion passed 8-0.
  • The volleyball net in the north park should be replaced soon. Jason is going to look into the cost of replacing it.
  • Volleyball net needs to be replaced. Jason is going to look into cost of replacing.
  • Someone from Plymouth is coming to look at the drain in the North Park, which is sinking and could provide a liability issue.
    • Update: A motion was made and seconded, electronically, to spend $900 to fix the sinking drainage hole in the north park. The motion passed 6-0.

Social Media Report:

  • Thirteen dues transactions were completed through the online payment option available on the association’s website this year. Two were made with PayPal. Since the association does not have a PayPal account, these payments have not fully processed.
  • Karen is going to set up a PayPal account, which Kyle will link to the online payment system.

Bylaws Report:

  • Our bylaws that provides an option for board members to be exempt from paying dues. No board members are currently taking advantage of this rule. At the recent Neighborhood Know-How meeting hosted by the township, a representative of a local law firm reported that providing compensation to HOA board members is not permissible. Although no current board members have received any compensation, this language has been stricken from the Pickwick Village HOA bylaws to ensure we are in compliance with this rule.

New Business:

  • The annual Pickwick Village Picnic and Camp-Out/Movie Night will be held beginning at noon on Saturday, June 22. We may pursue a luau theme.
  • Volunteers are needed for the following:
    • Face-painting – Stacey will see if the Lacey family is available
    • Games: Mike will provide Jenga, corn hole, and ladder ball
    • Cake Walk organization
    • Michigan state police helicopter: Jason and Stacey will look into this
    • Fires truck: Emily will look into this
    • All Years Rentals Bouncy House and Water Slide: Stacey will pursue this
    • Food: We still need a volunteer to organize this. Food plans include:
      • Subs and hamburgers
      • Chips and popcorn
      • Water, juice boxes and soda
      • S’mores fixings
      • Waffle fixings
    • Stacey is going to look into having the Kona shaved-ice truck come

Old business:

  • The discussion about options for collecting unpaid dues was tabled.

The meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.

Next meeting: 6:00 p.m. on May 7 at the north park pavilion (or at 6677 Brookshire Drive, in the event of inclement weather). All are welcome to attend and get involved!

This entry was posted in HOA Meeting Minutes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.