Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board
Meeting Minutes for October 9, 2018
President: Jim Leddy
Vice President: Stacey Krum
Treasurer: Karen Willis
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Jason Willis
Welcoming: Katy Marquart
Additional attendees: Karen Ryan
Meeting called to order at 7:00 PM.
- Jim looked into the lien information on file for our subdivision.
- The Wayne County Commissioner and Executive secured an additional $361,112 of funds available in the Wayne County budget to help address the crumbling roads in Canton. The Commissioner is reinstating the Township Road Initiative and has doubled the allocation for Canton. Canton will receive a total allocation of $750,000 for road repairs. Jim has emailed Pat Williams to see how the funds will be distributed.
- The city scheduled an informational meeting for residents affected by the Willow Creek drainage issue on October 16.
- No report.
- Karen has carefully reviewed the budget for the remainder of the year, and everything appears to be in good shape.
- Bills were presented for the new addition to the playscape in the north park (to replace the damaged slide), the chili cookoff supplies, watering for the island landscaping, welcoming, and the Halloween parade. Emily made a motion to accept all presented bills. The motion was seconded and passed 6-0.
- Minutes were approved over email.
- Katy welcomed new neighbors on Brookshire Drive and Courtland Drive.
- A new climber has been installed on the north park playscape to replace the damaged slide.
- Jason contacted the landscaper who provided estimates for installing trees near the tiny libraries and was advised to wait until spring to plant any new trees. The board will consider purchasing and planting the trees in spring 2019.
- The first annual Pickwick Chili Cookoff had five entries. The Noel family won first place ($25 gift card and trophy); the Windeckers came in second ($15 gift card).
- The Halloween parade will be held on October 31 at 5:30 p.m. in the south park. Volunteers are needed to help hand out treats.
- Jim has ensured that all liens are registered and up to date. Jim has found a couple of options for new attorneys to handle the liens. Karen Ryan will contact the Willow Creek board to see who they are using, since they previously used the same lawyer used by Pickwick (who is retiring).
- The board discussed installing Frisbee golf nets in the north park. The board will obtain quotes, with the goal of installing them in the spring.
The meeting adjourned at 7:38 p.m.
Next meeting: 7:00 p.m. on November 13 at 6757 Brookshire. All are welcome to attend and get involved!