Pickwick Village Homeowner Association Board Monthly HOA Meeting June 17, 2021

President: Stacey Krum
Vice President: Katy Marquart
Treasurer: Karen Ryan
Secretary: Emily Kagey
Beautification: Mike Tykoski
By-Laws: Kurt Richter
Welcoming: Kristin Noel
Social Media: Kyle Stone
Visitors: Steve Kilijanczyk

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.

President’s report:

  • A resident has killed the carpenter bees found in the pavilion.
  • A resident had inquired about rototilling the volleyball court. The board discussed the topic and determined it should be done every two to three years. This year, work on the
    volleyball court focused on replacing the net and improving the posts.
  • The climbing net on the playscape needs to be reburied. Stacey will reach out to the resident who helped install it to see if this can be done.
  • See the “Social” report for more updates provided by the president.

Vice President’s report:

  • No report.


  • No report. Minutes were approved via email.

Treasurer’s Report

  • No report.


  • No report.


  • No report.


  • No report.

Social media

  • No report.


  • Stacey provided updates and the board discussed the upcoming summer events:
    • Slow Roll (July 31 at 11:00 a.m.):
      • The ice cream truck has been reserved
      • Medals, tickets, and signs are available from last year’s event
      • Volunteers have been secured to guard the crosswalks
      • We will need to purchase balloons
    • Summer movie night (July 31)
      • Action item: We will need to select a movie
    • Neighborhood garage sale (August 12-15):
      • Mike will need to place the signs out at the main neighborhood entry
        points. Residents are encouraged to place their own signs out, as well.
      • Stacey will post the event on Nextdoor.
      • Kyle will post about the event on Facebook.
    • Annual picnic and campout (August 21):
      • The giant slide and bounce house have been reserved from All Year
      • The Kona Truck has been reserved
      • A porta-potty has been reserved for 10:00 a.m. on 8/21 through 10:00
        a.m. on 8/22
      • The meeting will start at 12:00 p.m., with the picnic to follow at 1:00 p.m.
      • We will do a cakewalk activity again but include only store-bought treats
      • Campsite set-up will begin after 4:00 p.m.
      • The board needs to select a movie
      • Action item: We need to decide on food for the picnic
    • Park clean-up
      • Action item: We need to select a new date for the park clean-up

Old business

  • At the next meeting, the board will discuss updates on the south park drainage project
    and mulch on the playscapes.
  • The board would like to revisit the street sign topper project.
    New business
  • None.

The meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.
The next meeting will be at Wednesday 7/14. The meeting is scheduled to be in the north park pavilion, as weather permits.

This entry was posted in HOA Meeting Minutes and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.